Turangawaewae

      Turangawaewae


I glanced down feeling the cold breeze flow past me. The view in front of me was magnificent. 

I watched the waves wash the sand in. The smell of the sizzling sausages was the best. The hearing of kids playing in the sand felt calming. 

 I layed down feeling the heat of the sun on me. I knew this was the place. I placed myself on the soft sand for a while then I stood up to see that the sizzling sausages were almost ready.

The flavor of the sausages was deliciousI feast both eyes on the horizon.  Mission bay was where I stood, where I felt welcomed home. 

I said my last goodbyes before I left.  So long Mission bay I say watching it become much smaller as we drive away.



Comments

  1. I loved the starting and how you didn't say where you were at first but giving little hints through the story.
    Good work! 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. The Learning Intention was sharing as many of the senses as we can. You certainly have, and that makes the reader feel as if they are part of the experience too. I love the fact you showed, not told us where you were until right at the end. Magical writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing I like about your story, is that you include alot of senses compared to the size of your writing.
    What I mean is, look at my blog.
    You will see alot of the five senses highlighted, but thats becuase my Turangawaewae is very long.
    Very intersting writing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Car Crash

Are we there yet