Narrative Planning Sheet angela t

 


It was a rainy day and I was in the lounge watching tv. I was watching carefully at my brother staring at my pet turtle in his bowl. I glared back at my movie in surprise. It was almost finished. 


A while later I went to get a drink in the kitchen, when I got back I froze. My eyes were on my turtle’s bowl. It was empty and my turtle was gone. I looked down to see my little brother playing next to my turtle’s bowl. I let out the anger I had in me and I started shouting at my brother. But it wasn’t for long because my mum walked in and stopped me. My mum talked to me about my turtle and how I should have taken care of it more carefully, in my head I was thinking about how scared the turtle would be.


The sun was up and I was eating sausages for breakfast. But I had to go to the toilet. I came back from the toilet and on the table where my empty plate was. I quickly noticed that my little brother next to my seat was chewing on food. I didn’t hesitate, I stomped towards him in anger. When I started shouting again at him my dad stopped me and talked to me about taking care of things carefully. I remembered that was the same thing that mum had said to me.


It was the afternoon I was playing fetch with my dog Simon. I followed him around until he went in the opposite direction. I knew where we were going because Simon always took me to his favorite spot.  


When we got there I looked inside his hole that had been filled with water from the rainy days that had passed.  I froze to see my turtle that was safely swimming in his hole then seeing three of my sausages at the bottom of the hole. My face was red. I looked at Simon and he knew what the face was for. 


We got home I explained everything to my parents and I apologized to my little brother and took him out to his favorite place the ice cream shop. As for Simon, he was banned from the house for a week.


Comments

  1. I love it. A great unexpected ending because you made it so obvious that it was your little brother. Excellent paragraphs. Well planned out narrative with a beginning, middle and end. With a problem and a resolution. Nice work>

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turangawaewae

The Car Crash

Dear Carla