Stuck

 


“ Amy hurry we got to go”

“ Just a moment mum I’m almost ready”

Today was the day of our holiday vacation.

I was so excited that I almost packed everything.

All my things were ready. I was just having trouble carrying it.

“ Dad can you help me”

“ Okey sweety I’ll be right there”


After all the hard work of lifting and packing, we finally hit the road.

The temperature was boiling hot, I was melting like a melted ice-block.

I jumped to the back and opened the biggest window that was near me.

We didn’t take our car, we rented a van which literally only had three windows.

I slowly started to shut my eyes, when it was shut I was deeply asleep.


Ding ding ding 

“ welcome abroad “

My eyes opened wide, we were driving into the ship.

As we were driving in I sat up and waved to the man who was welcoming us on board.


We were now inside the ship and were ready to get to our room.

I waited as my parents were getting a room for us, as I was waiting quietly

I watched the people walk past me. My parents had just got given the number for

our room and we were 

Now walking towards where I could imagine me finally having

to lie down on the soft beds and watching through the window as the sea licks the side of the ship.


It was late at night and rain was pouring down from the sky, the thunder was loud and I was still up. I slowly tried to fall into a deep sleep but all I could do was watch the thunder.


I was almost falling asleep until !💥Bang! I suddenly awoke, I was startled. I quickly woke my parents when. “ Evacuate this is your captain speaking, head to the deck and there you will get life jackets this is not a joke” 

We quickly got our bags and ran towards the deck.

“ Hurry Amy keep up “

“ I’m coming, dad”

I was trying my hardest to keep running. We all reached the deck and there were life jackets we put on. 

“ People calm down get a life jacket and head on a boat, six on each now hurry”

We all started getting on boats I was just following my parents who seemed 

Like they were lost.


We finally were on a boat and on the ship we still could see people getting off.

As we were on the boat next to us was a woman with her son and then a man.


It was a while later that we all were stuck in the middle of the sea with nobody to call for help.

My dad and the man that was with us were paddling until we hit land.

The land was not too big and not too small, so we all went off the boat and started searching for food and things to survive.

I saw coconuts piled up and cut in half next to a tree.

I walked towards it and piled the bad ones up and spelled SOS so that maybe a helicopter would see.


It was noon and we all gathered leaves and sticks. We all sat around the fire and started to sleep.


It Was night and I was awake when a sound and light shone on us. I looked up, to my surprise it was a helicopter.

My parents and the other people woke

“ we’re saved they saw my SOS”

We all started to tear up as we were finally heading back to safety.




Comments

  1. I love your atory, Angela. You have a good beginning, middle, and end. I like the way you build your story up from the beginning. Some clever language like..."as the sea licks the side of the ship." (Good personification).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Turangawaewae

The Car Crash

Dear Carla